Positions related to the plant and analytical sciences can be posted here for free!
Please submit a Word file with position details, contact information, and application deadline to
Bullet Point Postings (scroll down for details)
A postdoctoral position in plant molecular biology and biotechnology at UBC’s Okanagan campus (Kelowna, BC) to investigate molecular aspects of secondary metabolism in industrial and medicinal strains of Cannabis sativa plants.
Posted September 8, 2017
Analytical Technologies Center Lead, Chemical Biology and Therapeutics (CBT) department at St. Jude Children's Hospital, Memphis, TN.
Posted July 28, 2017
Assistant Professor for Renewable Materials/Organic Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, The State University of New York, College of Environmental Science and Forestry.
Posted January 6, 2017
Posted on Sept. 8, 2017
A postdoctoral position in plant molecular biology and biotechnology is immediately available at UBC’s Okanagan campus (Kelowna, BC) to investigate molecular aspects of secondary metabolism (in particular the Cannabinoids) in industrial and medicinal strains of Cannabis sativa plants using modern technologies including the CRISPR/Cas9 system. Knowledge and hands-on experience with plant regeneration and transformation, GC-MS, HPLC, CRISPR/Cas9 system, protein and metabolite analysis, and grant writing is highly desirable.
Applicants must hold a recent (within the past five years) Ph.D. degree in a relevant field and have a strong interest in plant secondary metabolism. Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work well in a collaborative research environment are essential for this position. Preference will be given to candidates with previous postdoc experience, and a strong peer-reviewed publication record. Salary will be approximately CDN $45,000 / annum, including health insurance. Funding for this project is renewable for two years.
To apply please forward (email is preferred) CV and contact information for three referees to:
Senior Departmental Administrative Assistant
Department of Biology | Science 155
The University of British Columbia | Okanagan campus
1177 Research Road | Kelowna BC | V1V 1V7 Canada
Phone 250 807 8935 | Fax 250 807 8830
Dr. Soheil Mahmoud
Dr. Michael Deyholos
Posted July 28, 2017
Analytical Technologies Center Lead
another Job opening for proteomics:
Chemical Biology & Therapeutics
MS 1000, Donald Pinkel Tower, Room E9056
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
262 Danny Thomas Place
Memphis, TN 38105-2794
Chemical Biology and Therapeutics (CBT) department at St. Jude has an exciting and challenging opportunity for an Analytical Technologies Center Lead. You will be responsible of providing scientific vision, leadership and management of the daily operations of the Analytical Technologies Center (ATC). To support scientific advancement across research labs at St Jude, ATC employs a full assemblage of state-of-the-art instrumentation including FTMS, Q-Tof-MS, triple quad mass specs, several single quads, EI MS, in addition to a NanoFlow UPLC, a variety of HPLC’s and UPLC systems, and an array of detectors. Specifically, this position includes the following roles and responsibilities:
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- A PhD in an appropriate scientific field; or a M.S./B.S. degree in an appropriate scientific field with minimum five years of relevant and productive post-degree work experience.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on expertise in a broad range of analytical and purification technologies.
- Extensive experience with test method development and validation. Strong in troubleshooting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective at influencing and building strong working relationships across all levels
- Advanced organization/multitasking skills and strong work ethic in accomplishing objectives.
- Experience in direct line management, and proven ability to coach technical professionals to achieve maximum performance
- Experience with drug quantification methods for in vitro/vivo pharmacokinetic assays, and drug formulation development.
- Experience with developing and running MS-based biochemical and cell assays designed to identify small molecule inhibitors.
- Experience with MS-based imaging and/or proteomics.
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is one of the world’s premier research and treatment centers for life-threatening pediatric diseases. It is globally recognized for its pioneering work in pediatric oncology, infectious diseases; hematology; immunology; genomics, as well as cell, molecular, structural and chemical biology and drug discovery. It is engaged in ongoing expansion of its facilities for patient care and scientific research. Earlier this year St. Jude was named among FORTUNE magazine's 100 Best Companies To Work For® list for the seventh consecutive year, ranking 36th; and more recently the Best Hospital for Pediatric Cancer, by US News.
Zoran Rankovic PhD
Dir-CBT Chemistry Centers St Jude Children's Res. Hosp.
Department: Chemical Biology & Therapeutic
Room: E9060 (Donald P. Pinkel MD Research Tower)
Posted January 6, 2017
Renewable Materials/Organic Chemistry
Department of Chemistry
The State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry
THE DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY http://www.esf.edu/chemistry/ at The State University of New York, College of Environmental Science and Forestry (SUNY-ESF) invites applications for an academic-year, tenure-track Assistant Professor in the area of Renewable Materials/Organic Chemistry. The Department is seeking a candidate with interests broadly associated with the teaching and research activities of the existing focus areas of Natural Products and Polymer Science and in the newly established Renewable Materials Science Major at SUNY-ESF. Candidates must have a Ph.D. and record of research accomplishments as well as innovative research and teaching plans. We are particularly interested in candidates with a commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
Responsibilities: SUNY-ESF is seeking unique teacher-scholars committed to excellence in both teaching and research. The successful candidate will be expected to develop an extramurally funded and internationally recognized research program in the area of materials derived from renewable sources, polysaccharides (synthesis, modification or characterization) or chemoenzymatic synthesis. A strong interest in developing collaborative research with others in the Department of Chemistry, as well as within the College overall is vital. Teaching responsibilities will include courses in the sequence of Organic Chemistry and associated labs, and development of a graduate level course in their area of expertise. The candidate shall also participate in the Renewable Materials curriculum. Advising and mentoring undergraduate students in the Chemistry and Renewable Materials Programs, and mentoring graduate students at the Masters and Doctoral level are integral to the position. Professional and public service is also expected, as is significant interaction with colleagues and students in other disciplines at the College and the broader academic community.
- A Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry, Chemistry of Natural and/or Synthetic Polymers, or a related discipline.
- A demonstrated interest in research in the broad area of Chemistry of Renewable Materials and/or Organic/Polymer Chemistry
- A strong interest in teaching and outreach
- Postdoctoral or equivalent research experience
- Demonstrated ability to secure funding for research
Application Procedure: Application is online only. Visit our website http://www.esf.edu/hr/ click on Current Vacancies to find Assistant Professor Renewable Materials/Organic Chemistry. Applications should include: (1) a cover letter summarizing qualifications and why they are interested in the position, (2) a curriculum vitae, (3) a statement of research interests and experience, and (4) a statement of teaching philosophy and experience. The cover letter, research statement, and teaching statement should not exceed two pages each. Complete application packages must be submitted as a single document in PDF format with “Renewable Materials Faculty Search” as the subject line. Three letters of reference should also be submitted independently.
Application Deadline: Although applications will be accepted until the position is filled, candidates should submit their application by December 31, 2016 to assure optimal consideration.
SUNY-ESF is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Technical: Broad and in-depth understanding of modern analytical technologies. Provide technical expertise, hands-on training and troubleshooting, develop and validate novel processes and methodologies. Propose, install, qualify, and calibrate new equipment.
- Strategic: Proactively seek and identify opportunities for improvement, provide long term vision and introduce new thinking to further research at St. Jude.
- Communication: Effective interaction with CBT centers, principal investigators, project teams, research specialist and peers across St. Jude. Review, interpret and evaluate scientific data; and present ATC results to a scientific audience.
- Administration: report to the Chemistry Centers director, coordinate and prioritize project work within ATC to ensure effective and timely impact on St. Jude research efforts. Propose and effectively maintain the ATC budget.
- Supervision: Recruit and develop ATC talent. Cary out performance reviews, identify career development and training opportunities for direct reports. Provide leadership, guidance, training, and mentorship for scientists in the laboratory regarding technical knowledge, work ethic, and attitude. Take day to day responsibility for laboratory safety and ensure that all personnel act in accordance with company's Safety directives.
Contact PSNA: email@example.com
Last updated on September 13, 2017